Smartinhaler™ is clinically proven to improve health outcomes in chronic respiratory disease.
The Smartinhaler™ technology platform by Adherium empowers patients, caregivers, researchers and physicians through objective and accurate medication monitoring and reminders.
The Smartinhaler™ platform has been proven to improve patient health outcomes. It can help reduce the significant financial costs associated with suboptimal medication adherence.
Smartinhaler™ leads the market with the broadest and most flexible range of product features, including:
- Smartinhaler™ medication sensors available for:
- Metered dose inhalers
- Dry powder inhalers
- Devices with touchscreens and audio-visual medication reminders
- Mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Cloud-based portal for researchers and clinicians
- Custom user interface options (available at an additional cost)
- Independent validation
- ISO 13485 manufactured
- US FDA 510(K) clearance to market and CE mark
The SmartinhalerLive™ platform uses wireless technology to provide real-time data collection and reporting from Smartinhaler™ medication sensors.
Tracking medication use
- Smartinhaler™ tracks every time the preventer and reliever medications are taken.
- Smartinhaler™ communicates via Bluetooth® to a smartphone or via the Smartinhaler™ Home Hub.
- Information is available in the cloud through the Smartinhaler™ Personal Health Record and Electronic Health Record.
- If the user forgets to take the prescribed medication in the morning or evening, the Smartinhaler™ provides a discreet audio-visual reminder.
- AV reminder preferences can be tailored for individual use.
- Bluetooth allows automatic wireless transmission of data from the Smartinhaler to SmartinhalerLive.com when it comes within range of the Smartinhaler-enabled smartphone app or SmartKey.
- Smartinhalers support both Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy standards.
- The SmartTouch range touchscreens enable users to view their medication usage and change preferences such as reminder times and ringtones.